Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summertime, or what you will

So, I'm starting to wonder if I could work a little extra money into the summer. I explained this to one of my students before school got out two weeks ago, and she said what I had been thinking for quite some time: "you'd make a great barista." Hazzah!

Now I'm left debating whether to apply for a summer job at Starbucks in Denver, or should I wait until we get to Illinois? Finances being tight right now - and us wanting to buy a house within the next two years - I will most likely have to get a part-time job to pay down (read: get rid of) the majority of our credit card debt. We can't have any credit card debt if we are to buy a house. It just sucks being so behind the financial times. I keep reading that we should be putting about 20% of our income into a retirement fund. Are you kidding me?! 20%?! Do these crazy people not realize that we are barely living month to month (proven by our debt). And we don't live extravagantly. We don't go to movies in the theaters more than once a month; we don't take huge road trips; what are we missing?

Ugh.

Regardless, the idea of working part-time at Starbucks is kind of fun. I should start applying now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home