Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Waiting for Godot...or at least feeling like it

Today a friend threw me a bone and gave me a small copywriting job. I'm thoroughly nervous- well, not thoroughly, but at least two cups of coffee nervous - about writing it for several reasons:

1. I'm not used to getting paid for my copy, thus, bar is raised internally

2. I'm not used to writing copy for someone I don't know. This leads into

3. I'm not used to having lag time between the starting of something and its completion. I'm currently waiting for said client to call me back so she can answer some of my questions. In education, you either get it done now or it doesn't get done. It's weird being on someone else's schedule.

However, this does expand my repertoire of copywriting. Hooray for expanding Chicago job options. I'm just ready for this first phone call to be over and done with; then I will have the worst part over and feel like I can come out of this thing successfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home