Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Crazy Running People with...their...running

Since my hubby and I are moving to Chicago, I figured it was high time I did the Bolder Boulder 10k Run. If you haven't been, think about a typical 10K run/walk, but add drunken frat boys in superman costumes skipping beside 83 year old mall-walking grandmas. It was, amazing.

My friend, Megan, and I kicked ass I must say. Neither one of us are real hard-core runners; in fact, I'm a jogger, not a runner (I got no shame). We decided to do it again next year in uniform of some sort. One problem: I won't be at Denver altitude for awhile, which means, I must become a hard-core runner if I'm to survive BB next year coming from Chicago. And I'm not going to lie, that blows! I don't want to be a real runner. But, I don't want to miss out on the crazy experience that is Bolder Boulder.

To give you an idea of how crazy this is, here are a few stats I just got in the mail:
Total number of finishers: 48,955
Winning Time - Male: 0:28:32 (28 mins! for 10K....that's CRAZY running)
Winning Time - Female: 0:32:49

And...you ready?....
My Time: 1:14:45

I know, stellar. However, considering it was my first race EVER, it rained, and the average elevation was over 5320ft., I did good.

We'll see how I do next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home